Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Best Stuff From Comic-Con 2013

I made the unfortunate decision to walk around Comic-Con with my right hand in  a chainsaw this year, so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked. I still got some shots of great costumes and goodies, though. Here's what I managed to photograph on the rare moments I had my right hand free.

I'm a big fan of the '66 Batman series, so it was really cool to see this Batman walking around on the convention floor: 

 Hot Toys was also debuting these lifelike action figures of Burt Ward and Adam West: 

Also from Hot Toys was this 1/6 scale '89 Batmobile. Who needs the Barbie convertible when you've got this?


This Aquaman was possibly the best costume we saw on Thursday:


This cosplayer had Tony Stark's look down perfectly: 

I loved the goggles on this Dr. Horrible costume. Next year, I might have to borrow this idea:

Amelia was very excited to have her picture taken with all of the Power Rangers: 

A typical scene from outside the convention center on Sunday:

The Walking Dead was hosting a chance to walk through the zombie-infested prison and visit the governor's man cave: 



We didn't see as many steampunk goodies this year, but this girl added a bit of steam to her awesomely gorgeous Black Cat costume:

This intricately detailed 10" Batman figure in a black metallic Batsuit was a Play Arts Comic-Con exclusive: 

More Comic-Con 2013 exclusives - Hasbro's Glitter 'n Gold Jem and Mattel's 1966 Catwoman: 


Amelia's favorite cosplay was this Vanellope from Wreck-It-Ralph. I have a feeling that I'll be making her a similar costume for Halloween this year. 

Another Amelia favorite was this Funko exclusive My Little Pony:

And, that's it for Comic-Con. Next year, I'm going to make a costume that gives me full use of my camera hand! I'm still regretting all of the pictures I didn't get.

2 comments:

  1. These are GREAT! I love the Vanellope costume!! Do you have the Catwoman Barbie? I could spend millions collecting Barbies like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAD to get the Barbie. '66 Catwoman was my Halloween costume last year :)

    ReplyDelete