Friday, February 1, 2013

Creating a Custom Baby Doll, Part 2 1/2

You may remember that a couple of months ago, I started a tutorial about creating a custom baby doll out of an inexpensive baby doll from Wal-Mart. Then, I totally dropped the ball.

Sorry about that. I did finish the doll but I tried to upload the photos while I was under the influence of some migraine medication and a tough day of parenting, and I accidentally deleted everything I was going to use for the tutorial. Argh! Anyway, here's how the finished baby turned out. I'm not Anne Geddes, but I think the photos give you a pretty good idea.

This is the doll I started with. She's a "Lots to Cuddle" Baby. 

I replaced her eyes with realistic acrylic eyes, gave her a wig, eyelashes, and a new, fully jointed and weighted cloth body and repainted her face and limbs inside and out. She's now 21" and weighs slightly more than four pounds.
She fits 0-3 month baby clothes. 

Amelia christened her Morgan, and takes her everywhere. 

The good news is that there's always baby-making going on in the Marshall household. (Well, not literally.
But you know what I mean). Last weekend, Amelia found this at a swap meet, and asked if I could fix it up for her.

She looks pretty bad right now, but I think I can make it work. And, this time, I promise I won't delete the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment